Wednesday 27 February 2013

London Fashion Week A/W 2013/14

This post has been a little belated due to LARGE amounts of uni work, but deadlines are over now so I can get back to writing! Here is my round-up of my favourite beauty trends from London Fashion Week A/W ’13.


One of my favourite complete looks from LFW was what I’m going to refer to as ‘soft-goth’: perfect porcelain skin, dark lips or eyes (but rarely both) and long hair. At Giles, Nichole Farhi and Elliot Atkinson, the hair was soft and more tousled, whereas at JW Anderson it was impossibly sleek, and fringes lay like angular shards of glass.
Giles

Nichole Farhi
Elliot Atkinson

JW Anderson

JW Anderson Backstage



Michael van der Ham also played with angular fringes – if you’ve been wondering about getting graphic with your fringe, it looks like A/W is the time to do it. (Although i can assure you I won’t be!)

Michael van der Ham



Updo’s came in many shapes and sizes but two of my favourites were Ekaterina Kukharvera and Louise Grey, who got all Desperate Scousewives on us and incorporated rollers into the look.

Ekaterina Kukharvera

Louise Gray



I loved the hair and makeup at Tahir Sultan, a much more polished updo complimented by dark red, berry stained lips and smoky, contoured eyes.

Tahir Sultan

 
At Tata Naka, updos were more retro to fit the 50s inspired collection, and the loose texture looked fresh and youthful. This would be an easy one to re-create at home, I’d recommend Bumble and Bumble Sea Salt Spray to get that loose texture.

Tata Naka


Hair was also textured at Marios Schwab, and crimping was used at  Leutton Postle and Ashish to create a fluffy candyfloss effect. I love the combination of the ice blonde, crimping, and dark red glossy lip at Leutton Postle, definitely something I would try myself if my colouring could pull it off. Striking and stunning. 

Marios Schwab

Ashish

Leutton Postle


Deep red lips also made an appearance at Antonio Berardi, and Zeynup Tosun, with the straightest of straight hair. I like the wetlook effect on the hair at Tosun, it adds a bit of grunge to an otherwise very polished look. 

Antonio Berardi

Zeynup Tosun


Smoky eyes were popular as ever at Tom Ford, Eugene Lin and Jonathan Saunders. The gold leaf in the inner corner of the eye at Lin was a beautiful twist on a classic. Hair at Jonathan Saunders deserves a special mention as well, those glossy waves are so covetable (I do love princess hair).

Tom Ford

Eugene Lin

Jonathan Saunders


Skin was beautiful at 1205 and at Bolzoni Walsh, especially in the latter, the contouring is incredible. Skin still seems to be semi-matte, as it was in New York, moving away from dewier summer skin.

1205

Bolzoni Walsh





1 comment:

  1. Thanks! Yeah id love to, your blog looks amaze, just followed you on blogger and bloglovin, I'd love it if you followed me back xx

    ReplyDelete

It's always lovely to hear from you! Thank you for reading this post, please leave me a comment

Rhiannon xx