Tuesday 5 March 2013

Love/Hate List - February



This month I was pleasantly surprised by most of the products I tried, in fact, it was hard to pick just a few favourites to review in this post! However, after some careful consideration, here is what I have come up with for February’s Love/Hate List.

The first product that I loved, and I mean LOVED, is the Facial Detox Purifying Mask from Elemental Herbology. It has a mineral-rich clay base which is great for drawing impurities and blockages out of blocked pores, and includes manuka honey which is highly nutritious, soothing and moisturising. I had a massive stress-related breakout last month due to uni deadlines, and this lovely mask helped clear and soothe my troubled skin. I would highly recommend this to anybody with combination or blemish prone skin.

 



The second product that I want to sing the praises of is the Mojito Lip Balm from Malin and Goetz. As soon as you apply it, you get a hit of lime and an instant minty tingling; I was worried that the mojito flavour would be gimmicky and artificial but it was gorgeous. Its a clear sticky gel, petroleum and paraffin free (yay!) and keeps my lips hydrated for hours. It was a little more than I would want to spend on a lip balm (£10) but you only need to use a tiny bit so I think it will last long enough to make it value for money.





Next, there was my new favourite lipstick, Laura Mercier Lip Colour in Tangerine. I am obsessed with this colour; it’s a pinky coral perfect for perking up grey days and dull skin. One sweep of colour is fairly sheer, but it’s extremely buildable and also extremely moisturising. It hasn’t left my handbag since I bought it.





A surprise find for me was Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation. My skin is getting paler and paler, and after spending a fortune on foundations last month trying to find the right shade, I abandoned my beloved Diorskin and had to find something cheaper. This colour correcting foundation claims to combat dark circles, dullness and redness, which are all problems that I have with my skin. I am so pleased with it; it actually does everything it says on the tin, and you get a good medium coverage. I would definitely buy it again once it runs out, and the fact that it’s a third of the price I would usually spend is a HUGE bonus. Well done, Bourjois, full marks.




Before
After




















Another lovely addition to my cosmetics collection was Jurlique’s Rosewater Balancing Mist. I have been using this product as a toner, and also as a beauty water over my makeup, to freshen up throughout the day. It’s gentle, soothing, refreshing and it smells beautiful.




Although there wasn’t any products that I tried this month which I hated, this IS the Love/Hate List, so I will include a throwback hate of mine instead. The product that I want to name and shame this month is not a single product, but actually a product range: Simple, I’m looking at you. I have tried the face wipes, toner, cleanser, moisturiser and eye makeup remover in this range, which I think is a fair trial, and I found all of them to be stripping and surprisingly harsh, and left my skin feeling irritated and sore.  I would not recommend this range to anyone, as I believe that there are far better ranges available in this price range for sensitive skin; such as Superdrug’s Vitamin E range. 


No thanks.

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant post Rhianne! I was wondering what blusher you'd recommend as like you I am also pale, I don't know whether to go for a powedery one or cream, also I'm not sure whether to go for a pinky or more apricot colour! Any help would be great,

    Love Gemma (Scott) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gemma :) Didn't realise you had a blog, I'll follow you! I hope uni is going well! Cream blushes generally look more natural, but powders are better if you like stonger colour. I'd probs go for an apricot one if I was you, we're fairly similar colouring I think. Mac do lovely cream blushes, if you like powder then Bourjois are actually really good. The gel ones from Benefit are good too.
      hope this helps :)

      Love Rhiannon xxxx

      Delete
  2. Great post!! Totally agree with you on the Simple range, as I suffer from sensitive skin. This brand is one of the only brands I am actually allergic too... The Vitamin E range however is amazing, live by it and smells delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vitamin E range is amazing! Glad you agree :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I love love your hair dear!
    Wondering if you would like to follow each other? :)
    Please let me know, i stay home, so i follow back right away!
    YuliConversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet looks !
    would you follow for follow :)


    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect post! I would love to try this mojito lip balm :)
    Follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair color is perfect and suits you very well.

    Would you like follow each other? I'm your newest follower. I hope you follow me back if you like my blog too.
    www.neverfullcloset.blogspot.cz
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

It's always lovely to hear from you! Thank you for reading this post, please leave me a comment

Rhiannon xx