Wednesday 12 September 2012

New York Fashion Week 2013

NONE OF THE IMAGES ARE MY OWN. FROM VARIOUS INTERNET SOURCES

Fashion week is almost as much about beauty trends as it is about the actual designs, or at least for me it is. (I know I may be a little biased) And so it is that time of year again when fashion month begins, commencing in New York, and coming to the close of NYFW, I am certainly feeling inspired for S/S 2013. For me, one of the stand out looks from the catwalk was Marc Jacob's hair and makeup.



I love the 60's mod-girl feel that the look has with the bouffant hair and the dark eye socket definition. I am a huge fan of heavy brows in general but I think here they are especially effective as they update the look. The overall eyeshape to me feels almost cartoonish in a Venus Angelic/Dakota Rose sense, yet still very feminine. 




I also loved the heavy brows at Thakoon, although here the look is much softer with warm contouring on the eyes and cheekbones.





Hair and makeup at Erin Featherston also had a 60s feel. Here I loved the hair especially, perfect waves are timeless (what girl doesn't want princess hair?!) and though I haven't thought an alice band was an essential accessory since I was about 7, I love how its been incorporated here.




The use of pink at Donna Karan was also one of my favourite looks, by the insanely talented Charlotte Tilbury using MAC. The lids were coloured with Magenta lip pencil and then a pink gel liner was used on the lashes. On the catwalk this looked beautiful pared with the flawless skin, and surprisingly wearable I think.




Colour was also injected into Oscar de la Renta, but into the hair. Coloured wefts were used to give flashes of bright pink, blue and yellow into the models' elegant up-dos, giving a classic style a younger fresher update.




Also in terms of hair, I LOVED the craziness of Libertine's coloured fringes. I actually considered bleaching my own after I saw this photo. My hair was henna-ed dark brown so it would bleach to a similar firey orange. I quickly decided against it, though I think it works incredibly well with their styling and vibrant collection of prints.






Hair at Rodarte was also inspired, sleek and wetlook, with half the front section of hair slicked over to give the impression of having a section shaved. If you don't fancy picking up some clippers and just going for it, this could be an excellent alternative.



Beachy summer style was also evident in Marc by Marc Jacobs knotted headscarves, with the hair either tucked up in a messy updo or left down and tousled.






Further use of accessories included hair at Mara Hoffman, which was pinned back on one side with a huge feather and left down. I also loved the prints at Mara Hoffman.




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always lovely to hear from you! Thank you for reading this post, please leave me a comment

Rhiannon xx