Friday 21 September 2012

London Fashion Week 2013

NONE OF THE IMAGES ARE MY OWN. FROM VARIOUS INTERNET SOURCES.

London Fashion Week has just come and gone (Ma hometoooown!) and after browsing through the shows, I have collected my favourite hair and beauty looks, as I did with NYFW, for a little look at whats going on next year. In my very non-expert opinion, pink lips, BIG retro hair and things you used to do when you were 15 all seemed like stand out trends.

I had two favourite shows in terms of hair and makeup, the first being Tata Naka.






The prints! The garments! The set! THE HAIR!! I don't really know where to start with this show but I urge you go and look it up and see for yourself. I came across this on a very grey day in Manchester and it made me feel impossibly summery. Its like Lana del Rey, on holiday in Mexico, in the 50s. I love that the overall look is super-retro, I love that the hair is BIG, skin is flawless, very groomed with a little pop of colour on the lips.





My other favourite show was Holly Fulton, I think the two tone lip was original and very modern, especially when pared with fresh flawless skin. Again there's a retro 60s feel to the hair and makeup if not the whole collection, though I thought it looked very fresh and surprisingly wearable.




Colour pop lips were also used at Ashley Isham, a beautiful vibrant shade of pinkish coral, again with flawlwss skin.




This trend also continued at Giles, however here, a more magenta tone was used.




Tom Ford continued the 60s theme with sleek beehives. Paired with beautiful skin, groomed brows and nude lips, it looks elegant and classic, and somewhat restrained. Tom Ford's collection was inspired by chastity and perversion, and the chaste element certianly shines sthrough. 




From restraint to rebelllion, I loved the Amazonian warrior princess at Marios Schwab. The hair is sleek straight and sharp, and not to be messed with, much like the heroine herself. The makeup echoes this, with graphic black eyeliner making a fierce statement. 




Hair was impossibly sleek, precisely side parted and slicked down at J W Anderson, though I love how the hair catches the left ear in a little moment of quirkyness.


Aminaka Wilmont's styling was a sharp contrast to their collection, For me the hair and makeup evokes my inner teenage goth girl (I had a definite phase), all kohl eyeliner and experimental with her hair. Oh, the memories.





Nasir Muzhar's collection also utilised an old teenage favourite, slicking your baby hairs down with gel (hands up who did this one?). I love that for this collection, especially in the first picture, the effect is futuristic but still heavily influenced by street style.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always lovely to hear from you! Thank you for reading this post, please leave me a comment

Rhiannon xx