Wednesday 15 August 2012

Argan Oil

Hello there!

While I was in Morocco, I really wanted to get hold of some Argan Oil, an oil produced from the kernels of the Argan tree which is grown only in Morocco, making it one of the rarest oils in the world. The oil has been used for centuaries by Berber tribes who ground up the kernels to make oil which was then used for both cooking and cosmetic purposes.

Goats eating the Argan fruit containing the Argan kernels



Cosmetically, the oil has many uses. It is full of essential fatty acids and has antioxidising properties due to the presence of Vitamin E, meaning that it can fight the free radical chemicals in the skin that contribute towards premature aging. It therefore makes a fantastic moisturiser, not just for dry skin types but for all, as it is also found to help reduce juvenile acne. It is also a fantastic oil for the hair, repairing and conditioning.

I first heard of Argan Oil with the recent popularity of the Moroccanoil brand of hair products, which I fully intend on sampling in the near future due to rave reviews I have read regarding the success of the products.



The other product that brought it to my attention was Ro's Argan Body Conditioner from Lush, where I work. I love this as a multi-purpose hair/body/hand/foot moisturiser, and the scent is absolutle gorgeous.



I bought myself a bottle of pure Argan Oil while I was in Morocco and I think it's one of the most incredible beauty products I've ever tried. I use it as a night cream instead of the serum I usually use, as I like a fairly intense level of moisturising at night. My skin is usually quite dry, especially so recently, and the oil is extremely hydrating while at the same time being surprisingly quick to sink in, leaving my skin non-greasy.  I also have started using it in my hair post-shower in stead of John Frieda's Frizz Ease Serum and I think it does a much better job of smoothing my hair, giving it weight and shine. Not only that but I have been using it as an all over body oil and again, I am extremely pleased with the results, my skin feels moisturised and more toned.



My pure Argan Oil comes in a bottle similar to this, the pump is a great idea as it saves using too much product. For example, I would only use one or two squirts on my face. I always make sure I get an even layer on the palm of my hand first, to avoid overloading my skin and making it too oily.

If you can, I highly recommend getting your hands on some Agran Oil! As soon as I've finished mine I will definately find a retailer in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always lovely to hear from you! Thank you for reading this post, please leave me a comment

Rhiannon xx