Tuesday 26 March 2013

1 Product That Will Save Your Hair...



Just over a year ago my hair was in a pretty sorry state. It was originally cut (beautifully I may add, by my best friend) into a short, sleek, blunt bob, but it required a LOT of styling to keep it that way. My lack of concern about heat protectors and penchant for 200 degree straightners meant that I frazzled it, I subsequently started dying it red every 4 weeks, and then decided that NO! In fact I wanted to grow it. This was pretty hard as I had turned my hair into a thin, orange, damaged frizzball; even after trimming it was still awful.

Rehab shampoo, from Lush, was a bit of a saviour for my hair, and for any hair that is thin, damaged, and generally abused. It works in 3 ways: it looks after your scalp, it gets rid of unwanted oils and THEN it still has time to nourish your hair right to the very tips. 

My bottle has changed colour because my shower is so cold!


Peppermint was the magic ingredient for me. It stimulates hair growth, oil production and circulation in your scalp, and if your scalp is healthy, then your hair will be healthy. Think of your head like a pot plant; if the soil (your scalp) is dry and undernourished then the plant (your hair) won’t grow. Using a shampoo that supports your scalp essential allows your hair to naturally look after itself.

There is also lots of lovely citrus oils and sea salt in the shampoo to cleanse grease and oil from your hair and make it clean and shiny.



On top of that, there are moisturising oils such as olive oil, almond oil and jojoba oil to add moisture back to your hair and scalp and avoid it drying out. 

In the last year I have been using only this shampoo and my hair is totally different; its grown a considerable amount, its shiny, its thicker, its healthier and even though I haven’t had it trimmed in about a year (oops), I don’t even have that many split ends. 

I have changed some of my other bad habits; for example I use Argan oil and heat protector every single time I was my hair now. However I honestly think that Rehab has made the most difference, and I can’t recommend it enough. Plus, its not that expensive, it's about £10 for the bottle I buy, which lasts me 3/4 months... but it has saved me a fortune in haircuts!


AHHHH BAD HAIR - Before Rehab

After Rehab






6 comments:

  1. The nice natural oils in the shampoo sound lovely. Your hair looks beautiful!

    Sophie xx

    F-ck and Makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks so shiny and healthy, definitely going to try this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool blog ;)
    i love lush :)
    do you want to follow each other :)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is seriously amazing, I am ordering this as soon as my allowance comes in! My hair has been awful for so so long and I have been looking for a great product for ages :)

    Yay :) Followed your blog :)
    :) xo

    beaumaquillagex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, you've covered so many bases. Great stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog.
    visit our website

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too wonderful. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is actually a tremendous site.
    hair oil bottle

    ReplyDelete

It's always lovely to hear from you! Thank you for reading this post, please leave me a comment

Rhiannon xx